Re: Video DOM API

On 10/10/09 09:19, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> Actually, no, scratch that.
>>
>> I just want play() to implicitly invoke load(), because then it all DWYM.
>
> Even if the first video hasn't ended yet? Even if src hasn't changed?

Well, if src hasn't changed, then presumably load() is a no-op under any
circumstances?

If a video is playing, I change the src= and then call play() again, I
don't think it's unreasonable to expect the element to start playing the
new src.

> Invokind load() on play() still doesn't solve preloading, which you said
> you wanted to have earlier.

Yeah, scratch that. As you explained, much better to use two elements.

Gerv