Re: Revised : User rich-content preferences object

Did you look at CCPP framework for exchanging extended information
about clients?
It allows basically what you need (preference setting), but
server-side, thus without requiring explicit APIs implemented by
browser, that would need to be extended as new features are
implemented on both the platform and the user agent (from
accelerometers to touch screens, from hardware graphic acceleration to
advanced media codecs)

See http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/

Giovanni