Re: Escaping text span in CDATA elements and CSS comments

NB: This is my personal view...

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 05:56:51 +0100, Veeven (వీవెన్) <veeven@gmail.com>
wrote:
> As per the Draft, CDATA elements can use "<!--" and "-->" as escaping
> text span start and end, respectively. However, CSS accepts them as
> comment delimiters. It seems to me that the following code would have
> different meanings from the point of view of HTML5 and CSS5.

In CSS they are not comment delimiters.

> I think, for CDATA and RCDATA elements, we can still use "<![CDATA["
> as start and  "]]>" as end.

CSS has knowledge about "<!--" and "-->" which make CSS treat those as
expected. There are no such rules for "<![CDATA[" and "]]>" and that would
not make much sense as those are syntactic sugar for XML and not for HTML.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>