Re: HTML 5

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 bettylogic@aol.com wrote:

> I am writing as one of the millions of us who have adopted web design
> for our own personal hobby pursuits. Since starting to design pages in
> 1998, I (and we) have been threatened with having our pages originally
> created using the 3.2 standard as no longer being rendered correctly.
> Many have stayed with the 3.2 standard while some of us were convinced
> to recode our pages.
>
> As such I've gone through such a conversion and have changed almost 400
> of my over 500 pages to meet the 4.01 Strict Standard.? Those that I
> haven't include javascript and applets (don't use applet, use object;
> don't use codebase, use URI?)?which I am at a loss to?even understand
> much less?change to meet the 4.01 standard.? Please?don't upset the
> applecart yet again.? I would be totally devastated to see my pages not
> render correctly by a small group of individuals who have no more desire
> to make things easier for all, but only themselves.

You'll be glad to hear that with HTML5 we are taking extreme care to keep
pages that are compatible with HTML4 strict completely compatible with the
standards described in HTML5. We are defining the behaviour in more detail
than previous versions of HTML, and adding new features; we are not
changing anything that previously worked well.

> Please leave the standards alone . . . . please . . .. please.? And if
> there is someone in your group who would be so kind as to help me modify
> all these javascripts and applets so they meet the 4.01 Strict
> standards, I would appreciate their volunteering.

Can you provide the URI to those pages?

Cheers,