FYI: HTML5 is a Proposed Recommendation

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:09:38 -0400
To: public-html-admin@w3.org
In case folks here missed the news item:

HTML5 was published as a Proposed Recommendation today:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/PR-html5-20140916/

We're one step closer to the Recommendation but, in light of the
normative reference policy [1], the HTML Working Group assumes that the
URL spec will advance from its Working Draft status to a more stable
status to ensure it is sufficiently stable for a normative reference.
The Director is considering whether Working Draft status is sufficient
for a normative reference from HTML5.
Given the broad interest in the URL specification that spans multiple
organizations, it is also our objective to find a solution for this
reference acceptable to all.

Thank you,

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/normative-references