Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML5 to Proposed Recommendation

Hi Julian,

On 05/09/2014 16:50 , Julian Reschke wrote:
> Well, I reported the issue, you flagged it as "later" (and as far as I
> can tell agreed this is a problem).

It is certainly a problem that sniffing is not better defined for the
platform. I don't, however, believe that it is a problem for HTML.

> It seems the only disagreement is whether this is serious enough to
> block a transition to proposed recommendation. I feel it is (*), but I'm
> not a W3C process expert.

If this were a new feature that happened to be known to be broken and
that we required, it would likely be a problem. But this is a
reverse-engineering issue in which reality is insufficiently
well-documented (and lacks interoperability, within reason). It doesn't
stand in the way of progressing HTML.