Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML5 to Candidate Recommendation

On Jul 16, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On 16/07/2014 20:09 , Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> That is not a stable link, let alone a stable document.  Did you read it
>> with CSS on?  I don't see why you are refusing to publish it as a WG product
>> first before calling for CR.
>
> I am not aware of any group having done that, ever. I'm not even sure I understand what you're asking for.

I think that I come from the time when W3C process was actually followed
because that's what was agreed to by the consortium members.

All you have to do is send the editor's draft to the Team to publish the
technical content as a WD (or as LCWD), replacing the current document in
TR space, before asking the working group to claim that the document has
been reviewed by the public and determined to be CR-mature and stable.
The side-effect of doing so is that the links in your issues that claim to
have fixed something noted in LC will actually point to a document that
has that fix, the version links at the top of the document will actually
reflect what changes have been made since LC, and the status of this
document section will not be absurdly incorrect.

The move from last WD to CR is supposed to be handled by the Pub team
automatically after Director approval -- there is no need for the WG
to review a make-believe CR published on some other website with a
false date and bad links, since there are not supposed to be any substantive
changes between the WD and CR.  If there are, it is a publication error
that can be immediately fixed.

....Roy