Re: [admin] Can the HTMLWG please avoid CfC hell for "heartbeat" WDs?

[moving off of announce list as that list is meant to be low traffic]

On 02/26/2014 04:36 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 2/26/14 4:24 PM, ext Sam Ruby wrote:
>> 5. Other Business
>
> How about adding this
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Feb/0055.html>?

First, there is an open opportunity for anybody who attends the
teleconference to bring up other topics in the other business section.

Meanwhile, I'll share that there is an ongoing (and low priority)
discussion between the chairs and W3C management concerning heartbeat
requirements.

Finally, I'll share my perspective that the recurring problem of a small
number of individuals repeatedly bringing up the same off-topic items
seems to be unique to EME heartbeat calls.  My preference is that we
address that problem if and when we get to the point where it is time
for another EME heartbeat.  More specifically, we make it clear in the
call that we are not looking for off-topic discussion; and make it clear
what the consequences[1] are of violating those guidelines.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/DiscussionGuidelines