RE: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) heartbeat Working Draft

Fred Andrews wrote:

> I understand the meaning of the work consensus.  Why don't you look it
up.

I did. I looked it up at the W3C:

"Consensus: A substantial number of individuals in the set support the
decision and nobody in the set registers a Formal Objection."
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Consensus

> We are here to argue for user security and privacy, the health of the open
> web, and the health of the web economy.

NO WE ARE NOT!
This is a Technical Working group, chartered to work on inter-operable
technical standards. If you believe that this group is chartered for any
other reason, you are simply wrong. Period. No debate.

	"The mission of the HTML Working Group, part of the HTML Activity,
is to continue the development of the HTML language, as well as the
development of APIs for interacting with in-memory representations of
resources that use the HTML language, and to define normative requirements
for browsers and other user agents which process HTML resources, along with
defining normative document-conformance requirements for HTML documents.

Scope

The HTML Working Group will:

   * continue the development of the HTML language, in both of its concrete
syntaxes: the text/html syntax (also known simply as the HTML syntax), and
the XML syntax (also known as the XHTML syntax)
   * continue the development of APIs for interacting with in-memory
representations of resources that use the HTML language, as well as
extensions to those APIs
   * continue to define the basic execution and security models for
JavaScript in the context of HTML documents
   * continue to define normative requirements for applications that process
HTML resources, including (but not limited to) browsers and other
interactive user agents, as well as authoring tools, markup generators, and
conformance checkers

Consistent with the W3C’s Principles of Design, the HTML Working Group will
use a greater reliance on modularity as a key part of the development of the
HTML language, allowing extension specifications to define new elements, new
attributes, new values for attributes that accept defined sets of keywords,
and new APIs. Those extension specifications may be achieved within the HTML
Working Group or other Groups."

http://www.w3.org/2013/09/html-charter.html

Once again Fred, if you want to stop looking like a public fool, do your
homework. This is not some high-school debating club, this is a technical
working group with a charter to create standards. That's it, that's all.

> Please expect the FBI knocking on your door.

Troll.

JF