Re: EME is in the scope of the HTML WG

The lack of a real solution makes drm a perpetual arms race in the Internet
ecosystem or anywhere for that matter. I wasn't suggesting anybody would
give up and just make all content open. The only successful  strategically
is to invest in research to stay on the tail of the bell curve to reduce
content loss.

When writing standards we want them as widely applicable as possible. I'm
saying that widely applicable is anathema to effective Drm.

Eric
www.datamungeblog.com