Re: Formal Objection to Working Group Decision to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Fri, 31 May 2013 01:25:27 +0100, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
wrote:

> The term "reduce" implies a comparison. What are you comparing with ? Not
> the situation today, I assume, since EME does not make anything less open
> than it is today with proprietary plugins.

IANAL, but I think that thanks to Silverlight's NPAPI today I can write my
own browser that plays Netflix without violating the DMCA, but I can't
legally reverse-engineer ChromeOS's CDM API and use its Netflix CDM in
browser other than Chrome or in ChromiumOS.

--
regards, Kornel