From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:20 PM
To: Andreas Kuckartz
Cc: Paul Cotton; 'Maciej Stachowiak'; John Foliot; public-html-admin@w3.org; doctorow@craphound.com
Subject: Re: FORMAL COMPLAINT - RE: Cory Doctorow: What I wish Tim Berners-Lee understood about DRM

On 03/13/2013 11:56 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Dear chairs,
>
> I ask you to formally reject this "Formal Complaint" as I have not
> violated any rule of the HTML WG.
>
> I think it is outrageous that one of the main DRM-proponents reacts
> like that to the fact that I have informed the HTML WG about a widely
> distributed and read comment about a matter in which the HTML WG is
> involved.
>
> It also in its own way illustrates that DRM is not only incompatible
> with Open Source but also with free speech.

There are people who have decided that EME is something the W3C would like to pursue.  Those people include the Domain area lead, the CEO, the Director.  Other people that you might want to contact include the Advisory Committee and/or the Advisory Board.

The people that I mentioned don't routinely follow the day to day traffic of this (public-html) mailing list.

There are people who, in accordance to this decision are pursuing the development of a specification.  They do so on a separate mailing list.

In the face of this, you chose to ignore the repeated requests by the chairs of this working group to take your input to where it will be most effective.  If you continue to do so, the only possible conclusion is that it is not your intent to be effective, but rather to make a spectacle out of yourself.

> Cheers,
> Andreas
> ---

P.S.  I have a long history in open source.  I have met Cory several times and he knows me.  I respect his input, and believe that it should get a fair hearing.  I further respect the fact that he has posted his opinions on his own space, and I am confident that it will be seen by many by virtue that he has done so.

Andreas, what Cory hasn't done, and what you insist on doing, is repeatedly pushing this information not to the people who can change this decision by the W3C, but at those people who are affected by that decision.

I strongly encourage you to rethink this course of action.