Re: CfC: Approve overview of testing in view of permissive CR exit criteria

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:32:39 +0400, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 17/06/2013 02:45 , Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
>> Without responding to the general set, I believe that the translate
>> attribute is not as problematic as it looks. I note that most test cases
>> available are passed by Google and Microsoft's online translation
>> services, and they are all passed by the Yandex' service
>> http://translate.yandex.com - the last one (which others fail) was a
>> quick and easy bugfix done on the weekend, so I would be surprised if
>> there is any reason it would not be fixed.
>
> Note that being marked as "requiring testing" doesn't mean it's
> "problematic". It just means that we don't believe the transition case
> can be made without tests.

OK. It seems we are still nailing down exactly how this process works, but
that seems reasonable to me.

> For the case of translate, we do have tests, and as you say they largely
> pass, so I'm not worried.

Fair enough.

To understand the status better, I think it will be helpful if we can
break things down so we identify "doesn't need testing", and "has tests
that pass" (in other words "we're happy about this bit") - in some similar
document to the one you already made...

cheers

Chaals