Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> I'm still sympathetic to that goal, specifically the idea that where an OS
> or other platform supports a DRM framework with a public API, then there
> should be a public specification allowing people to fill the gap between
> the EME API and that platform API. And I think that where there is a DRM
> framework built in to an OS or other platform, then the APIs to that should
> be public.

Great!

But I am not sure what we can do in the W3C process or specification to
> cause or even require that.

How about making the EME spec require that CDMs used with EME be registered
in a central registry, and then making such registration conditional on the
above requirements be met?

Rob
--
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority