Re: EME and proprietary plug-ins

Actually, Henri, you're conflating Flash (or Silverlight) availability with
"known licensing terms for DRM module".  That's not actually true, for two
reasons - first, that Flash (or Silverlight) is not universally available
beyond desktop systems, and secondly, just having Flash doesn't mean that
Flash-DRMed content is universally available.  (E.g., much DRMed content
was blocked on Google TV, despite having the Flash runtime.)

My point is simply that using Flash (or Silverlight) as a prerequisite
runtime for DRM does not mean having Flash/SL is the same as having a
license to the DRM "box".  All that using Flash/SL meant was that that
runtime was a prerequisite, not that it was sufficient to equal "you can
run this on an arbitrary machine with Flash/SL." Owners still could (and
did) restrict the content further.