RE: CfC: to publish "The srcset attribute" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

The use cases and requirements define the scope of the work and it does appear that the scope is limited to solutions that only use pre-layout (media feature) inputs to choose between images.  If there is no clarity on the scope then it affects people wanting to address other use cases and it might not be reasonable for you to be delaying their work or misleading them to believe that you will address their use cases.

Perhaps the scope need not be well defined and this should not block FPWD, but I am not in a position to make this judgement.  If it were my proposal I would revise it to clarify any confusion and re-submit it because the same issues will just come up again when a wider and larger audience reviews it.

cheers
Fred