RE: CfC: to publish "The picture element" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

>I was under the impression that both of them are going to be published as extension specifications both for HTML5.0CR and HTML5.1. Is this still correct?

So far we have not been pre-judging whether an extension spec is for HTML 5.0 or HTML 5.1.  In particular "plan 2014" states:

-     Allow extension specs to proceed at their own pace. Examples: HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines<http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html>, HTML Canvas 2D Context<http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/>, and HTML Microdata<http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/>.

-     Additionally, we will identify a date approximately three months before the completion of CR (and therefore in 2014 Q2) which will be the final date upon which extension specifications that obtain consensus and meet the CR exit criteria can be identified for folding into the core HTML specification.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada