Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

The scenario you describe seems very unlikely given the realities of
DRM-protected content distribution. The only likely service degradation is
"no service" for UA's without the installed CDM's. The distribution of
CDM's is very tightly tied to revenue share %, plug-in bundling deals,
breach response contracts, and other binding agreements between user agent
providers and DRM content distributors. UA's that don't sign such deals and
their users are locked out of the content. I don't see this to be an
improvement to the Flash and Silverlight alternatives in use today, and we
really should do better than that.

--Jet