Re: ACTION-1642: New aria-kbdshortcuts property (for Issue 711)

Charles,

I agree that an HTML5 feature allowing users to bind keyboard shortcuts to
commands would be great, but I think that's out of the scope of this group,
and I don't think that's an argument *against* also having
aria-kbdshortcuts (or whatever we call it).

If you have a concrete proposal for what this should look like, please post
it to the relevant list and send us a link. I'd be happy to engage on that.
One option would be to try to "fix" the accesskey spec.

So yes, we should provide simpler, more straightforward ways for web
authors to achieve what they want in a way that communicates all of the
semantics to the browser and AT. However we also need to provide ways to
let web authors implement things at a lower level and still describe those
semantics to AT.

- Dominic