W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > July 2015

Minutes: HTML-A11Y Task Force Agenda; 23 July at 15:00Z

From: liam <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:49:50 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4907a0f97e07c407f2ce8111cc39dd82@webmail.w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/2015/07/23-html-a11y-minutes.html

text version follows


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

               HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

23 Jul 2015

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/23-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Janina, liam, Joanmarie_Diggs, paulc, Plh, Judy, JF

    Regrets
    Chair
           Janina

    Scribe
           liam, janina

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Identify Scribe
             http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scr
             ibe_List
          2. [5]Agenda Edits & Additions
          3. [6]Bug Triage -- Leonie
          4. [7]Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Mark, Janina,
             Paul, PLH
          5. [8]Alt Doc Update -- Shane, Liam
          6. [9]Transcript Support Update -- John, Chaals, Cynthia
          7. [10]Tab Panels Update
          8. [11]action items
          9. [12]Other Business
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 23 July 2015

Identify Scribe
[14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

      [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

    <scribe> scribe: liam

    <scribe> scribenick: liam

    <scribe> scribe: liam

Agenda Edits & Additions

    [none]

Bug Triage -- Leonie

    [Leoni not here]

Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Mark, Janina, Paul, PLH

    Rich: down to two particular issues

    plh made a clarification on a test case, resolved

    and he gave me a defect to route to Dominic

    plh: I will make some edits to the spec as a consequence

    should not effect implementations

    JS: still expecting success in going to Rec including hit
    regions, a big win for accessibility!

Alt Doc Update -- Shane, Liam

    <janina> scribe: janina

    liam: Updated doc to review

    <liam> [15]https://w3c.github.io/alt-techniques/

      [15] https://w3c.github.io/alt-techniques/

    Liam: Not yet finished, still some coordination to do
    ... Still examples with errors that need cleanup
    ... Very much wanting review
    ... Please leave comments either on github, bugzilla, or email

    <liam> high level review of document would be fabulous, the
    examples are in flux partly as a result of today's first review

    <paulc> Could the document indicate what part of HTML5 the
    material will be used to update?

    <liam> liam: yes, thank you for pointing that out, good
    suggestion, will do.

    <paulc> What is the 2nd document you mentioned?

    <liam> alt doc currently links to an external page on WAI

    Liam: We currently have a 30 page doc describing one attribute.
    ... I propose to take about 20 of those pages to a "more info"
    external doc
    ... Basic need expressed from a cms developer's comment: "Give
    me the basics"

    <liam> JS: get the write up right and then figure out the exact
    split

    <paulc> I just put the HTML of the document into MSFT Word and
    it finds a lot of obvious spelling errors. Do you want me to
    forward those problems?

    <liam> paulc, sure, email to liam@w3.org

    <paulc> I will try to find time later today.

    <liam> janina: good progress

Transcript Support Update -- John, Chaals, Cynthia

    <liam> JS: I think a couple of weeks ago Charles cleaned up his
    draft

    <liam> comments are welcome - email, bugzilla

    <liam> John: yes. Was not looked at during the F2F

    <liam> The problem we have is that we haven't narrowed down the
    options

    <liam> First draft still has the different options

    <liam> Intent was to get feedback on what made sense

    <liam> JS: We still haven't heard which tech approach the media
    folks want

    <liam> JF: we did get some feedback at F2F at Microsoft in late
    Spring

    <liam> so now choice of element/attribute names, and whether
    the pattern makes sense

    <liam> JS: who is making the decisions?

    <liam> JF: we need feedback from browser vendors, from
    implementors, in yes we can support it or no, not interested

    <liam> JF: when we left Redmond we had one or two things;
    Charles brought back some things we kinda rejected but didn't
    want to lose

    <liam> Maybe a proof of concept in JS

    <liam> JS: I'm trying to find that someone, who will [help us
    move forward]

    <liam> I think our position is we don't care on the mechanism
    as long as it will get support

    <liam> JF: yes

    <paulc> Have you considered taking the proposal to the WICG via
    [16]http://discourse.wicg.io/?

      [16] http://discourse.wicg.io/?

    <liam> paulc: Charles did send an email to the media TF; it has
    zero uptake

    <liam> Don't want to take too many conclusions from that.

    <liam> But I think it's because they are so busy on their
    current work on EME

    <paulc> Charles email to Media TF:
    [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015
    Jul/0003.html

      [17] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jul/0003.html

    <liam> So when you [TF] stood in front of Redmond you had a
    captive audience

    <liam> but they're so busy on MSE and EME that it's not clear
    we're going to get a response

    <liam> plus not clear whether this should be looked at by MSE
    or EME or both

    <liam> so the reason I suggested you go to the CG is I think
    it's more likely you may get both developer input and browser
    input there

    <liam> JS: I think that's a very helpful suggestion and
    explains why we're not getting feedback

Tab Panels Update

    <liam> [Leoni stilll not here]

action items

    <liam> JF: [no-one on the call with actions except John's, in
    progress]

    <JF> [18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/327

      [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/327

    <liam> PLH: [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/327
    is done

      [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/327

    close action-327

    <trackbot> Closed action-327.

Other Business

    <liam> Judy: As we head into August it can be useful to plan
    across upcoming weeks and confirm whether we'll have critical
    mass to keep moving forward

    <paulc> I am workiing for ALL of August.

    <liam> JS: next week we have Shane to present on Web payments

    <liam> very busy activity & important for a11y

    <liam> bringing others to the call to help

    <liam> I hope for a brief intro in email from ShaneM

    <liam> So i'm incluned to believe we have basis to meet the
    next two weeks

    <liam> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]





-- 
Liam Quin, W3C
XML Activity Lead;
Digital publishing; HTML Accessibility
Received on Friday, 24 July 2015 02:49:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 24 July 2015 02:49:54 UTC