web components…

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 16:48:19 +0200
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi,

There was a discussion at the recent Edge conference (in London on Saturday) about web components, and it might be useful. I have an HTML version of the record (which is public and can be changed by anyone, so archiving it here in a nice accessible format seems to make sense).

The upshot is that a lot of people have looked at simple examples, and like the idea that you can extend existing things (button, most typically) and like the idea of getting the accessibility stuff for free. But there isn't much work on extending something like input type="date" to get the sort of things that are both hard and really valuable.

I am personally a bit obsessed with date pickers - but I'd like to see us put some effort into the area of extending HTML things, if it is going to be half as popular as people seem to make out.

cheers