From: Silvia Pfeiffer [mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:23 PM
To: Léonie Watson
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force
Subject: Re: FW: Transcript

Note that my old proposal for a <transcript> element was for an
*interactive* transcript much like in use by TED or YouTube. The key idea was to have the *browser* render the interactive transcript and do the linking of the timed text elements back to the media element instead of expecting the page author to do this job. This would be possible using WebVTT files as a source for transcripts, which is what the proposal at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/Issue194_SP suggested for a <transcript> element.

The <transcript> element suggested in this proposal is merely a replacement for a <div>, which I don't think would be necessary.

Nice to see that this effort is being picked up again!