Re: clarification sought on publishing alt text document as a WG note

On 10/14/2014 03:06 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:24:51 -0400
> Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
>> On 10/14/2014 01:11 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>> [...]
>>> There are some other technical issues with it, but those don't (in my view) need to be resolved before a heartbeat can be published, and there are bugs on the ones I know about.
>>
> [...]
>
>> Generally, Working Groups don't wait until all technical issues are
>> resolved until publishing a heartbeat.
>
> Right. I tried to make clear that I wasn't expecting that.
>

>>> Hope this is clearer.
>
> Seems it wasn't, sorry about that.

Your position seems to be that there should not be a heartbeat until
there is technical consensus on how this document should change based on
an expected Director's decision.  My experience is that consensus in
this area is a lengthy process.

My position is that technical consensus is not required to publish a
heartbeat, and that a note of the known issues remaining to be worked is
sufficient.

We seem to agree about this for all other technical issues.

>>> Liam
>>
>> - Sam Ruby

- Sam Ruby