Re: Next Tasks on the Text Alternatives Document

On 10 November 2014 18:45, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

> Should the document tell browsers what to do with @alt? We are not clear
> on this.  If so, then a simple HTML 5-like text about proper behavior when
> presenting alt text could be written.

no the HTML spec defines what browsers should do with alt text

(does that include security aspects e.g. if whether alt was used, info on a
> broken image icon)

as above

When making sure the document is "correct", does "correct" mean what we
> think people ought to do or should the examples work in browsers? We think
> the examples should work in browsers.

The design consideration for the alt techniques has always been practical
(what works now) if there is any advice in the alt techniques in the HTML
spec that don't work in browsers, and this is not noted/warned please file
bugs
--

Regards

SteveF