Re: @inert and @aria-inert for disambiguating modal states

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Dominic, @inert is an indicator of state - like aria states and
> properties. It does not have to do the actual function. I would prefer it
> be managed by the browser but there was a request for this feature.

Yes, but it's not just a state indicator - it changes the behavior of the
browser by changing which elements can receive events.

I have no objections to inert, I think it's great and I'd like to see it
supported. My objection is only to making it part of ARIA and calling it
aria-inert - I don't think it fits because no other ARIA attribute changes
the behavior like that.