Re: Minutes: Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference, 19 MAY 2014

Hi Rich

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:11 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I apologize for not making the meeting last night. I had a fire to put out
> at IBM.
>
> In your note you mentioned filing a bug on Safari for what I think you
> meant was for Chrome. Chrome is based on blink which has forked the webkit
> code base.

 No, blink/chrome has implemented drawFocusIfNeeded and is about to ship it.
They're also planning on implementing the hit regions:

> Have bugs been filed on Webkit for drawFocusIfPossible and hit regions?
> Safari picks up Webkit. Has Rik spoken to Apple about implementing these
> canvas features?

I implemented drawFocusIfNeeded on WebKit so that should make it to Safari
at some point.
Mark is going to file a bug on hit region for WebKit. The WK people told me
that they have no issue with our simplified version.