[MEDIA] Minutes from HTML Accessibility Media Sub-Group Teleconference - 12 MAY 2014

The minutes are available in HTML and text for your reference.  Other details
related to the Media Sub-Group, including an archive of meeting minutes, are
available on their wiki: <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Sub-Group>




      [1] http://www.w3.org/

             HTML Accessibility Task Force Media Sub Group

12 May 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/05/12-html-a11y-media-irc


          Mark_Sadecki, janina, John Foliot, Adrian_Roselli

          Mark Sadecki



     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Identify Scribe
         2. [5]TV & Web: Collaboration on Use Cases and
         3. [6]Media Accessibility User Requirements
         4. [7]New Comment from EOWG
         5. [8]Processing comments
         6. [9]Open Media Bugs for 5.0 and 5.1
     * [10]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 12 May 2014

   <MarkS> Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Media Sub-Group

Identify Scribe

   <scribe> scribe: janina

TV & Web: Collaboration on Use Cases and Requirements

   ms: JS, MS, and Wu Wei met in ad hoc at WAI-CG's request to
   examine TV & Web IG's use cases
   ... IG is interested in our input
   ... No apparent distinction between consuming individually vs
   in a group

   <MarkS> [11]TV & Web Use Cases Iteration 1

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases

   jf: 3 years ago a TV workshop, discussed second screen

   ms: Still talking second screen

   js: But not second audio device

   <MarkS> js: what about a bluetooth headset?

   <MarkS> ...might want to send described video to a headset

   <MarkS> ...there needs to be a distinction of the individual or
   group setting

   <MarkS> [12]Minutes from analysis meeting

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2014/05/07-html-a11y-media-minutes.html

   ms: Has action to discuss timeline for second round of use
   cases and how we should offer our input
   ... They also meet semi-weekly, next is this Wednesday

   <MarkS> js: there were plenty of opportunities to specify that
   the HTML content needs to be WCAG compliant.

   <MarkS> ...if they are going to make screens, they need to be
   WCAG compliant.

   <MarkS> JF: has user agents group talked to them at all?

   <MarkS> js: not yet?

   <MarkS> s/yet? yet

   <MarkS> ...they will reach out to us and we can reach out to
   UAWG, but they won't do that on their own

   <MarkS> ...they reached out to PF. We pointed them to MAUR

   <MarkS> ...not much interaction with them since. I don't think
   it will be confrontational.

   <MarkS> JF: If they are specifying use cases, hardware and
   software technology, we might want to reach out to UAWG now

Media Accessibility User Requirements

   ms: Noting new comment from EO

New Comment from EOWG

   <MarkS> [13]Media Accessibility User Requirements

     [13] http://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs/

   <MarkS> [14]New Comment from EOWG


   <MarkS> JS: we had a round of comments that we haven't finished
   processing yet. we would like to work through those. Section 2
   needs work from EOWG

   <MarkS> ...we would like to publish in June or July

   <MarkS> [15]Comments

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/comments/list?document_version_id=16

   ms: Before we dive into finishing comment processing, what to
   do with new comment?

   <JF> related Media checklist has been accessed 162,711 times.

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Checklist

   <MarkS> JS: take the new comment. it will be well received if
   we process it.

   <MarkS> ...its 15 comments in one email, but its mostly

   <MarkS> [17]New Comment from EOWG


   <MarkS> MS: should we put this comment into michaels comment
   tracker even though we are not using that anymore?

   <MarkS> JS: yes, we should

   <MarkS> ACTION: for MarkS to enter comment into old tracker
   [recorded in

   <trackbot> Error finding 'for'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/users>.

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/users%3E.

   <MarkS> ACTION: MarkS to enter comment into old tracker
   [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-246 - Enter comment into old tracker
   [on Mark Sadecki - due 2014-05-19].

Processing comments


     [21] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/comments/details?comment_id=381

   jf: Believe this is addressed via javascript API

   <MarkS> JS: point James to the API. the requirements in this
   doc are already handled. there has been progress made here

   js: Suggest comment is out of sceop for req doc

   RESOLUTION: 381 is out of scope

   ms: RE: new comment from Paul Schantz. Proposes to take all
   editorial comments into the doc, i.e. spelling errors and bring
   any remaining to next call.

Open Media Bugs for 5.0 and 5.1

   <MarkS> -> Bugs


   <MarkS> JS: we can move 12794 to 5.1, assign it to john. aria
   1.1 might get us the markup we need to handle this one. less
   contentious to handle in aria. especially if we can generalize
   it, like in epub

   ms: 12964 ...

   <MarkS> ->
   [23]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12964 Bug
   12964 - <video>: Declarative linking of full-text transcripts
   to video and audio elements

     [23] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12964

   [same answer -- deferred to 5.1]

   jf: Link to my Action-136

   ms: 24859 auto track selection based on user preferences config

   <MarkS> [24]Bug 24859 - Automatic Video and Audio Track
   Selection Based on User Preferences and Terminal

     [24] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24859

   ms: Notes Silvia has been processing, and in 5.0


   <MarkS> [25]When can user agents honor the user preferences for
   automatic text track selection

     [25] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24860

   ms: Appears Silvia has proposed a solution which was accepted
   by commentor. Bug just not updated yet

   jf: Want to examine

   ms: one more ... 13437

   <MarkS> Bug 13437 - Editorial changes to The Video element (5
   of 5)


     [26] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13437

   jf: Filed on behalf of the team as my action
   ... mostly editorial


     [27] http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#item05


     [28] http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#action05

   <MarkS> ACTION: for jf to process but 13437
   [recorded in

     [29] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13437

   <trackbot> Error finding 'for'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[31]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/users>.

     [31] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/users%3E.

   <MarkS> ACTION jf to process but 13437

     [32] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13437

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-247 - Process but 13437
   [33]https://www.w3.org/bugs/public/show_bug.cgi?id=13437 [on
   John Foliot - due 2014-05-19].

     [33] https://www.w3.org/bugs/public/show_bug.cgi?id=13437

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: for jf to process but 13437
   https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13437 [recorded
   [NEW] ACTION: for MarkS to enter comment into old tracker
   [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: MarkS to enter comment into old tracker [recorded

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [37]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([38]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-05-14 11:18:14 $

     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:22:34 UTC