Fwd: Updated testing of Table summary options

I took an action item to update the table summary options.
http://davidmacd.com/test/details.html

I tested with JAWS 15 and NVDA 2014 with Firefox 27 and IE 11 and Google
Chrome 33

===Summary of findings===
The emerging replacement for the table summary appears to be
aria-describedby.

This works in NVDA with Firefox and NVDA with Chrome (but does not work in
JAWS) when the the id is placed on a <p> tag in prose above the table or a

<details>
   <summary>Help</summary>
second column, with the negative side in the left column and the positive
side in the right
   column.</p>
</details>
  <caption>
    Characteristics with positive and negative sides
  </caption>
  <thead>
      <th id="nnnnnnnn2"> Negative
      <th> Characteristic
      <th> Positive
  <tbody>
          <th id="rrrrrrrr3"> Mood
            <th id="rrrrrrrr4"> Grade

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100>

*  Adapting the web to all users*

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy
policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>