Re: [OT] Re: Systematic approach to layout table heuristics

James Craig, Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:32:30 -0800:
> OFF TOPIC

(While it goes into details, it feels on-topic to this thread …)

> On Feb 21, 2014, at 3:13 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>
>> When Webkit says ”data table” does it mean the same as the proposed
>> role=table?
   … snip …
>>  ”// Do not consider it a data table is it has an ARIA role.”
>>
>> First, this rule obviously will not be true once role=table emerges.
>
> Keep reading… There is more than that. If it ends up with a grid role
> it is a data table,

The string ”grid” does not occur on that page. Is there another page to
read? The page does however speak about ”table role”:

299    // If the developer assigned an aria role to this, then we
300    // shouldn't expose it as a table, unless, of course, the aria
301    // role is a table.

535 AccessibilityRole AccessibilityTable::roleValue() const
536 {
537     if (!isAccessibilityTable())
538         return AccessibilityRenderObject::roleValue();
539
540     return TableRole;

> but specific implementation details are probably
> off topic for the general subject of this discussion. I just
> referenced that file as a starting point.

It is obvious that we can split usage into layout and non-layout, as
the spec does. But I just wonder if it would be more fruitful to be
more specific than ”non-layout”. That’s the background for my wondering.

   … snip …

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/accessibility/AccessibilityTable.cpp#L93

--
leif halvard silli