Re: Footnotes in HTML5.1

I was curious enough to follow the spec that you pointed out. It feels a
bit overkill, so I wondered what programmers in the real world have done to
implement the feature. Here's an interesting take: http://www.bigfootjs.com
suggesting overlays for footnotes, which feels a lot more webby than having
them at the bottom of the page. They could be made accessible, too. The
exact way in which bigfoot died it is, of course, not appropriate for
standardisation, but I thought it inspiring.

Just my 2c worth. Crawling back in my cave now...