Re: Call for Consensus on proposed tests for HTML5 Image Description Extension (longdesc)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:29:11 +0200, Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On 9/25/13 12:17 PM, John Foliot wrote:
>> Mark Sadecki wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a Call for Consensus to approve the tests currently proposed to
>>> demonstrate support for the longdesc attribute as defined in the HTML5
>>> Image Description specification [1].
>>>

>> Question / Point of Clarification:
>>
>> Are we being surveyed to confirm that we agree with the text code
>> samples,

The question for each test is

'should we adopt this as an official test of the longdesc spec'.

The only obvious reason I can think of for rejecting a test is that there
is a bug, so that results of the test don't tell us anything about the
implementation.

>> or are we also being asked to test and report success/failure?

Not explicitly, but that is actually useful information if you collect
it...

cheers

Chaals