RE: HTML5 alternatives to table summary don't work in current browsers, and Screen Readers

Thanks Rich

Your hard work on this and your connections to implementers is invaluable.
Based on the existing examples, I think the following should be expected
behaviour when focus is placed on table. Screen Readers would:

Example 1 Aria describedby: focus on the table would read the caption
followed by describedby text.

Example 2 in caption: As current

Example 3 in caption wrapped in details: the summary element should read
with the word "collapsed, press enter to expand" or something similar

Example 4 in the figure element: Caption read followed by the figure text

Example 5: Same as above

Of course any of this is for discussion, but based on the oast behaviour of
the summary attribute, I think this would be expected.

Cheers

David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

  Adapting the web to all users