Re: Call for Consensus: Publish HTML Image Descriptions as Last Call

On 7/6/13 10:49 AM, Paul Cotton wrote:
>> Sorry, it was done on the 2nd. It is an Editor's draft, but it should be obvious which text will be changed to make it an actual Last Call (I find it a bad practice to publish something as if it were a Last Call when it isn't, given that it is persistent).
> Actually in the past we have actually produced non-Editor's drafts for review by the HTML WG.  This ensures that the drafts are stable during the review period.
Hi Paul,

Here is a direct link to the specific revision we wish the WG to
consider for publication:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/f1a29b787908/longdesc1/longdesc.html

There are no plans to make any changes to this document outside of the
boilerplate, status and stylesheet changes required for the publication
of a LCWD.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  We are hoping you can
initiate the CfC in the WG as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Mark

> For example the CR drafts for review were published at http://htmlwg.org/cr/ in Nov 2012.
There are copyright and document persistence issues involved with
publishing

> /paulc
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

>>> l>
>>> [2]
>>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2013Jun/0071.ht
>>> l>
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> Chaals
>>>

>> --
>> Charles McCathie Nevile - Consultant (web standards) CTO Office, Yandex
>>         chaals@yandex-team.ru         Find more at http://yandex.com
>>

> --
> Charles McCathie Nevile - Consultant (web standards) CTO Office, Yandex
>           chaals@yandex-team.ru         Find more at http://yandex.com

--

Mark Sadecki
Web Accessibility Engineer