long descriptions on replacement elements

[was Re: CfC: to publish "HTML5 Image Description Extension" specification
as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)]

I think we agree in principle about where we want to see the future of long
descriptions. So, instead of arguing any further about the present, I'd
like to encourage progressing the replacement attribute.

I remember the proposal of aria-describedat :
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/aria-unofficial/raw-file/tip/describedat.html

What's the current status of that?

Regards,
Silvia.