Re: WHATWG patches staged for merge week 42

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you may know, the HTML5 spec is being updated weekly with patches from
> the WHATWG spec they are categorised B1/B2/B3 (see forwarded below)  the B1
> patches are editorial or viewed as in controversial in nature.

Surely you mean "uncontroversial" ;-) .

Note that I am also applying some patches that won't show in the HTML
or Canvas spec because they are not enclosed in the < w3c-html > start
and end markers. For example, this week we have a lot of WebVTT
patches. You can safely ignore those parts.

> I have been reviewing the patches as they are posted to the HTML WG list.

I am very grateful for this feedback!

> If I have found any that are problematic I have filed a bug or responded on
> list.
>
> I suggest other interested people also take the time to review as what I
> consider unproblematic patches may be viewed differently by others.

I agree. In the past I have made the occasional mistake and it has
only been pointed out after I applied the patches (e.g. removed a
marker). I am doing these preparations to allow us all to catch such
things beforehand. And I give a week's time for people to make the
reviews.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Regards,