Re: aria-describedat

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> Except that in HTML that fragment is not certain to be a container (e.g.
> div, p) - if it is a heading element, you don't get what you wanted. Unless
> we make a new restriction on how HTML *should* be written.

I think you'd just need to state that the fragment *acts as* the
description, rather than identifying the position (the start) of the
description.

It might (?) make sense to restrict the HTML or ARIA semantics that
conformingly act as description fragments so as to exclude headings.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis