Re: aria-describedat

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
<bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no> wrote:
>>> The name should reflect the fact that it is a URL. e.g.
>>> "aria-descriptionurl" or "aria-describeaturl" would be better.
>>
>> If one were to pick @describedaturl, then why not, just as well, change
>> @describedby to @describedBYidrefs ?
>
> I think "descriptionids" would have been better, but I suspect UAs
> have to implement "aria-describedby" for compatibility with existing
> content.
>
>> I think @describedat is reasonably good - it fits the current naming pattern.
>
> I'd welcome a break from the existing pattern of naming things confusingly.
>
> I don't think minting new names for existing features is prerequisite
> for choosing better names for new features.

Hmm, can we break out completely with something simpler? I was
considering @transcription for video, which would in a long
description transcribe everything that happens in a video (not just
what is being said). Could @transcription work on images? On canvas?