Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:23:09 +0100, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
<bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Steve Faulkner
> <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "ARIA is being implemented as an AT-only access mechanism."
>>
>> This does not have to be the case, it's not a requirement in ARIA or
>> HTML5 and for example there has been positive discussions with the
>> Firefox acc team in regards to exposing landmarks to keyboard users.

Although there is definitely no link, and "nothing to see here"
implemented (Hmm. For full disclosure, there are easter eggs such as ARIA
checkboxes), we have also taken the approach at Opera that we should
expose ARIA more generally.

> Interesting. Do you have a link?
>
> Anyhow there's no current spec for linking @aria-describedby to the
> @longdesc on some image. I don't think it's a particularly elegant
> approach.

Nor do I.

Cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk