FW: Revert request r7023

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Olivier
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:59 PM
To: Anne van Kesteren; Charles Pritchard; Edward O'Connor
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Subject: RE: Revert request r7023

We've discussed this further and I would like to request that this change be reverted.

At this time, while the group is about to publish new heartbeat drafts, we believe that this change reduces rather than increases consensus.
The goal of heartbeat publications is to show progress and increasing consensus. This change has been made with no discussion in the working group and no bugs filed in Bugzilla. It potentially conflicts with the change proposal for improving accessibility in canvas (ISSUE-201). We have invested a large amount of time discussing this with many members of the group before we submitted it.

If r7023 is a counter proposal for ISSUE-201 then it should be submitted through the escalation process.

If not, then implementing the accessibility improvements described in our change proposal is a higher priority than adding features that haven't been discussed in the working group.

In either case, this change seems to be harmful to the goal of adding consensus-driven accessibility improvements to canvas.