Re: Expanding longdesc use

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:54:42 +1100
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: Léonie Watson <lwatson@nomensa.com>, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
I couldn't agree more with the general sentiment of this thread - a
general solution to off-page linked long descriptions is necessary for
multiple elements, not just img. I personally don't think that
@longdesc is going to be the name of that solution, simply because it
has too much baggage, but I'm pragmatic about it and just want to see
a consistent, well-thoughtout solution that is applicable to multiple
elements.

Silvia.