Re: Action 217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank)

On 06/04/2012 12:58 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Sam, Paul,
>
> A while back I was asked by Sam to pull in the use cases from WhatWG
> Wiki that applied to rich text editing and caret/selection tracking and
> place them in the revised ARIA change proposal. I have done that. Most
> of the use cases in the WhatWG WIKi pertain to the need for hit testing
> and providing location information to assistive technologies.
>
> These changes are in the Rationale section of the change proposal and
> they encompass LibreOffice and rhw Lucidart drawing tool.
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelectionRevised

There seems to be some confusion.  Action 217 is associated with issue 201:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217

The two change proposals that we have received for issue 201 are listed
here:

The change proposal that you updated is associated with issue 205:

> Rich
>
> Rich Schwerdtfeger

- Sam Ruby