[media] Fwd: dotSUB Newsletter July 2012 - Embed Interactive Transcripts

Fellow video transcript enthusiasts,

This is a FYI.

It's interesting to see dotSub go down the track of allowing transcripts to
be embedded with the video and also stand-alone. They use an iframe for
this.

Here is an example url of an embed of video+transcript:
<iframe src="
http://dotsub.com/media/4a62bdd6-022f-49cd-8e5c-de90d9cb31f2/embedWithTranscript/h/"
frameborder="0" width="840" height="315"></iframe>

Here is an example url of an embed of just the transcript:
<iframe src="
http://dotsub.com/media/4a62bdd6-022f-49cd-8e5c-de90d9cb31f2/ts/eng"
frameborder="0" width="100%" height="385"></iframe>
The language of the transcript is encoded in the URL. There is currently no
means to change the language in the embedded transcript (I think that's a
missing feature).

When they embed the video with the transcript, then the menu that selects
the language for the captions also selects the language of the transcript.
Both for their own player and the BrightCove player. That's actually
exactly the same as what YouTube are doing, too.