Re: 答复: Using ARIA in HTML

HI Eric.

To understand WAI-ARIA it is best to read the source documents:
The main table in 'Using ARIA in HTML' is an interpretation, extension and
clarification of the information in the WAI-ARIA section of HTML5 [1].
The WAI-ARIA section of HTML5  defines rules for use of ARIA in HTML and
how ARIA roles,states and properties map to HTML features.

The WAI-ARIA specification [2] defines ARIA roles,states and properties.
The WAI-ARIA implementation guide [3] defines how ARIA is to be implemented
in browsers. Advice for users (developers/authors) of WAI-ARIA is provided
in WAI-ARIA 1.0 Authoring Practices [4]

you wrote:

"But for the role, I feel a little confused, in your “using ARIA in HTML”,
> if we define role in an element, the element will be change to another kind
> of element. For example, <a href=…. Role=”button”>link</a>, so the a
> element will be change to <button>link</button>."

Using ARIA only describes how it owrks, it does not define anything, that
is defined in the docs I cited. If it is the case that a developer is using
a link, but it looks (via CSS) and acts (via scripting) like a button, then
the first advice would be to use a HTML button, if this is not practical,
then provide the correct role information to assistive technology using
ARIA role.

you wrote:

"And I also see that role can also be a class like attribute, like
> “presentation”, what’s the meaning?"

role=presentation is defined in WAI-ARIA 1.0, its effect is defined in the
WAI-ARIA user agent inplementation guide, information for developers is
provided in the WAI-ARIA authoring practices document [5] Further notes for
developers are provided in Using ARIA in HTML [6]

regards
SteveF

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/wai-aria.html#wai-aria
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/