Re: Fw: Request to re-open issue 131 -USE CASES, USE CASES, USE CASES

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:41:20 +0100, Frank Olivier
<Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Ah - I see.
>
> I think that reusing the canvas path concept in canvas is a more
> 'natural' way to define a region of interest on a canvas bitmap. An
> added bonus (useful when debugging) is that you can draw the path that
> you defined for setElementPath() quite easily with other canvas methods.

Sure. I was really trying to anchor that approach in markup that people
already knew how to handle, since I thought for many cases taht would be
simpler than having to create the entire shadow through js. But I think we
are basically using the same approach to solve the same problem, and I am
not too fussed about the finer syntactic details.

cheers

Chaals