Re: [Text] Meta Generator CP Summary

Colleagues:

Two changes to the Meta Generator CP at
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name%3Dgenerator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming
are proposed by the HTML-A11Y Task Force Text Subteam as minuted at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0247.html.

1.)	Replace the existing Summary section with the following:

<begin>

This Change Proposal provides new evidence showing how authors can (and do)
directly hand-edit content in commonly used Content Management Systems (CMS).
author editing can bring content into conformance with WCAG2, or take it out of
conformance with WCAG2 regardless of whether (or not) a CMS is being used.
This CP provides new evidence that there is no correlation between CMS content
management and the ability to conform to WCAG2 requirements.  there is,
therefore, no correlative justification for a blanket exemption from the WCAG2
requirement for alternative text markup on images for CMS managed content.  In
particular this CP shows that CMS does not prevent WCAG2 conformance in CMS.

<end>

2.)	Add the following fragment below the Table of Contents in the
"Rationale" section immediately below where it says"current usage of meta
name=generator (New)," but ahead of the quotation:

<begin>

It has previously been asserted that:

<end>

If there are suggestions for the above, please respond to this email.

Else, the Text Subteam would request the Task Force consider formal support of
this CP with the above edits on the call this Thursday.

Janina