Re: Updated ISSUE-206 CP

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:12:13 +0100:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Perhaps Ted and Laura would like to update their proposals with same
>> thing? Namely ask generators to not only add the new attribute but also
>> add the key content mark in the @title?
>
> Today's AT allows users to configure whether they do or do not want
> images without provided alternate text announced. I don't think we
> should be trying to override user configuration …

3 questions:

1. So do AT in general treat @title and @alt as one and the same thing
when it comes to that configuration? (To test whether it has any
impact, one may use this page, which is what I used when writing the
CP: http://malform.no/testing/html5/img-role-vs-alt/ )

2. What if such an image contains @aria-label?

3. Does it really hurt if they are unable to no disable announcement of
images that are key content?
--
Leif Halvard Silli