Re: Other problems, @hidden (ISSUE-204 aria-hidden)

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> We have heard that Firefox has started to implement what ISSUE-204 is
> about. So what does Firefox do if the @aria-describedby points to a
> hidden section which *also* has aria-hidden="true" set? I have not
> tested that exact example, but based on the tests I have don, I don't
> think it works. If so, then HTML5 is wrong - or at least not exact
> enough.

As a general comment, you cannot leap from empirical data about what
user agents do straight to a conclusion that what the spec says is
"wrong". The spec doesn't need to describe what user agents do, it
needs to describe the behavior that yields the best results with the
web corpus. Particular user agent behaviors today might have neglible
impact on the web corpus compared to the mandates of the spec
tomorrow.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis