Re: Audience Based Validator User Interface (ISSUE-206)

Hi Henri,

The crux of the matter is that some
> markup generator developers expect some people who evaluate the
> quality of their generator to throw the output of the generator at a
> validator and judge the generator negatively if the validator
> complains. Therefore, these markup generator developers make the
> output of their generators such that the validator won't complain
> *when invoked the way the markup generator developers expect the
> people who evaluate quality the generators to invoke the validator*
> (i.e. with defalut settings).
>
> This scenario has been stated again and again ever since 2007. It's
> pretty frustrating that the scenario is still being misunderstood.

Its also pretty frustrating that this scenario has been stated again and
again, without actually the production of any data to confirm that markup
generators actually add alt="" in order to stop the validation tools
complaining.

providing such data would knock any doubts on the head.

regards
SteveF

--
with regards