Re: img@relaxed CP [was: CfC: Close ISSUE-206: meta-generator by Amicable Resolution]

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
> Call me dense if you must, but I don't see there's anything here about
> a11y.

Developers automatically inserting filler text alternatives or hiding
images from the accessibility hierarchy, ignoring linter warnings
about missing text alternatives in content they've created, or
avoiding linting entirely has an adverse impact on people with
disabilities.

> There's no way that identifying what image may have been injected vs one that was "hand" authored.

Developers can use markup can identify such things.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis