Re: Finalizing an Issue-204 CP

Two suggestions on a quick read ...

1.)	The last sentence before:
      "Feedback from Browser Implementers" seems to need a follow-on,
      something like, ...

Because authors rarely
   run their content through conformance checkers, authors are likely to
   point at @hidden content from aria-describedby
      whether or not we forbid them from doing so.
      Therefore it is incumbant to document what can,
      and what cannot be achieved through these techniques.

2.)	At the crux of this CP we have a paragraph break where I think
one doesn't belong. If I'm correct, the paragraph break hampers
comprehension of our key assertions. Am I wrong?

Shortly after the quotation from UAIG 5.1.2, there is the following,
with paragraph break:
It sounds as though a note clarifying this should be added to UAIG.

   However, section 5.6.1.3. Text Alternative Computation of UIAG states
   explicitly that authors can provide strings for
      the accessible name and description via aria references to hidden
      elements,

My suggestion is to tie the last sentence into the next paragraph,
something like:

It may seem as though a note clarifying this should be added to UAIG.
   However, section 5.6.1.3. Text Alternative Computation of UIAG states
   explicitly that authors can provide strings for
      the accessible name and description via aria references to hidden
      elements, ... "

PS: I think of this as the crux of this CP inasmuch as this is basically
saying: "Consider all the facts to arrive at correct conclusions, not
some of the facts."

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200